Quick tutorial video
Create food items
Before building a menu, you should create food items that you will add to it.
- Go to the Food Items tab in your WordPress admin panel and click Add New
- Fill in the title as this will be used as the food item's name
- Fill in any other fields as necessary
- Upload an image if you would like one on the menu
- Save your food item
Create a menu
Now that you have created food items, you can create a menu. Note that you are not limited in the number of menus you can create with this plugin.
- Go to the Food Menus tab in your WordPress admin panel and click Add New
- In the menu builder, create at least one section by clicking the green "+" button
- You will be able to drag and drop custom elements like headings and paragraphs to your menu as well as any food item that you have added previously
- Custom elements like headings and paragraphs can be edited by clicking on the pencil icon or double clicking on the text
- In order to add any item to your menu, simply drag and drop it from the left sidebar
- You can reorder menu items or sections by dragging and dropping them
- Save your menu by clicking the yellow cloud at the top of the builder or the usual blue button from WordPress
- Display your menu on your website by copy-pasting the shortcode to any post/page
Find the shortcode
- Click on the Food Menus tab in your WordPress admin menu. Your shortcode should be in the list on the right.
- You can also find it while editing a menu, on the right side of the screen.
Need more help?
For additional help, please contact us.